Covid 19 Update
Due to current local lockdown rules, there are no Community Events planned at present.
Small Social Events can be held as long as the local lockdown advice is followed. You can check the current advice at Calderdale Council’s website here: https://www.calderdale.gov.uk/v2/coronavirus/advice-and-updates#local-restrictions
We welcome member’s ideas for ways of using Redacre’s community space for social, educational or community events.
If you have an idea for an event please let us know.
In the first instance email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your event and we will let you know if it’s okay to go ahead.
Ideally, we need at least 2 weeks notice of your planned event.
In your email please include the following information:
- The date of your event.
- The times of your event (start time and finish time).
- The number of guests or attendees you anticipate.
- The purpose of your event. (Provide some detail about the aims, purpose of your event and describe any activities that might take place.)
- Any costs involved and how you propose to meet them.
Please be mindful of other members and follow our simple guidelines when hosting events:
- As the host of your event you are responsible for all aspects of your guests’ health, safety and wellbeing. Redacre can not take any responsibility for guests attending your event.
- As the host of your event you are also responsible for any damage to Redacre property.
- Wherever possible avoid the use of glass (e.g. drinks glasses).
- Remove all waste from the site and dispose of responsibly, recycling wherever possible.
- Return any seating to the Roundhouse after using it.
- Please make sure that any fires (fire pit, pizza oven, barbecue) are extinguished before leaving the site. Bonfires (on the fire pit) should be kept small.
- Please clean the barbecue after use – there is a wire brush provided for this.
- Keep the gate locked at all times – including after allowing guests entry and after leaving the site.
- Music is welcome either in the form of live instruments, singing or a small PA. Please be respectful towards other Redacre members using the site, walkers using Redacre woods and our neighbours if playing music by keeping it to an acceptable level of volume.
- For all events there is a strict curfew of 10pm.
- The sale of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Redacre operates a zero tolerance policy to drugs.
Our community area is available for members to use for social gatherings – this includes the Roundhouse, fire pit, pizza oven, barbecue and seating. These can include friends and family as well as other Redacre members.
Members have used the site in the past for events such as:
- Birthday celebrations.
- Pizza parties.
Redacre was established to enable education for its members and for the wider community. If you have a passion or knowledge you would like to share with others, in the form of a workshop or other educational event, please let us know.
Paid-for educational events
If you intend to charge fees for your event you must let us know and have an agreement in place before advertising or promoting your event in any way.
Paid-for events require you to have your own Public Liability insurance. You must also provide a Risk Assessment and Safeguarding Policy.
Depending upon the level of fees Redacre may request a financial contribution either as a percentage of your fee or as a charge for use of the site.
Please contact us at the earliest opportunity if you intend to charge fees for your workshop or educational event.
Past events have included:
- Regular Qi Gong classes.
- Drawing workshop in conjunction with Mytholmroyd Arts Festival.
- Hydroponics workshop.
Community events which bring together wider members of the local community and other community groups are welcome at Redacre.
Community events must not charge fees for attendance and must be administered and supervised by at least one member of the Redacre board of directors.
In the first instance please contact email@example.com with details about your idea for a community event so we can arrange a discussion.
Past events have included:
- The annual Great Get Together.
- We Grow Together refugees.
- Mytholmroyd Arts Festival Storytelling.